moebius

Monday, March 27, 2006

P.R.O.G.R.E.S.S.

I received my Progress Package - a government handout/sweetener today, and realized that it has the most ridiculous acronym I have seen in acronym-overdose Singapore. Providing Opportunities through Growth, Remaking Singapore for Success. What a bunch of bullcrap. The civil servant who came up with it must have thought that it was such a brilliant idea!

I hate to be in Singapore during the election time. I have such a strong distaste for local politics and the shenanigan/vote-buying tactics by local politicians that my guts feel all wretched and tight for days. It was like when I saw the election results of the American Presidential election and George Bush was re-elected. I was so disgusted and upset that I almost cried. I wanted to run out of my apartment and scream at the world, or at least go find some people who share my same political views and curse about Republican politics.

Elections should be coming soon. I can't wait to get out of this country.

0 planning advice given:

Post a Comment

<< Home